Friday, July 14, 2017

CDE Visual Art 7th Grade 4-1-B

Week 1-Thursday

Standard 2. Envision and Critique

1.  Visual literacy skills are used to create meaning from a variety of information

B. Discuss and debate the concepts and skills required to invent new ideas and applications

Objective:  Students will identify concepts and skills needed by artists to be successful.

Warmup

"I never too anything for granted, and I still never take anything for granted today.  When I'm presented with an opportunity, it doesn't matter how big or small, if I can do it, I'll do it.  You can ask my wife-Quinn never complains.  Quinn just get it done.  And I've always been that way.  I had no choice.  I had nowhere to go.  If I failed,I'd be on the street, homeless.  I had no family.  It was all on me.  Who was I gonna complain to?" -Nathaniel Mary Quinn

 Nathaniel Mary Quinn's practices as an artist have been inspired by his life experiences.  ON a scratch sheet of paper, list 10 personality traits or personal characteristics that an artist would be needed to be a successful artist.  This activity will be your ticket out of class today.


Warmup
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1alECOhQK7_kv9XtrOnImppUtENlqBYeqPig0ljtoOVA/edit?usp=sharing

Additional Resources
https://www.juxtapoz.com/news/magazine/features/from-the-magazine-nathaniel-mary-quinn-and-the-family-of-man/



No comments:

Post a Comment