Thursday, July 13, 2017

2017-2018 School Year Warmups

I'll be following a set weekly timeline for my warmups this year in all the courses I teach.

Monday-ClassDojo-ClassDojo has awesome character development videos and activities that run approximately 5 minutes.  I think that it will help the culture in my classroom to spend a little time each week thinking about the "big ideas".  The subjects include; growth mindset, perseverance, empathy, gratitude, and mindfulness.

Tuesday-Google Classroom-Students will continue to read content specific material once a week and respond with a short answer. 

Wednesday-Vocabulary-I need to find a set time for students to increase their ability to read and speak in the content.

Thursday-Custom-This will be my typical, self-developed, standard-aligned, warmups.

I think a set routine will help students maintain focus and productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment